All current and prospective Tourism and Events Management students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor.
Your Academic Advisor is Michelle Séki
Fairfax Campus: Krug Hall, Suite 213
Learn more about Michelle, and her work advising students, here.
Scheduling an Appointment: (Temporary) Instructions
Current students: Please follow the temporary directions below for ALL advising appointments.
Through the Navigate Mason (SSC) appointment scheduler, 30-minute advising sessions are available on the Fairfax Campus: Krug Hall, Suite 213.
- Sign into Navigate Mason with your Mason credentials. (If you are a prospective student click here for your instructions.)
- Select "Get Assistance."
- Select “Academic Advising” for appointment type.
- Select “Declare change major/minor.”
- Select “Declare change major/minor” (again).
- Office is “Sport, Recreation, and Tourism Management.”
- Select Michelle (Gnoleba) Séki as your advisor
- Select your desired appointment time
Students may schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance. If no appointments are available, please continue to check as new times will open up.
- If you are 10 minutes late or arrive at the wrong location, your appointment may be canceled. Please make sure you are aware of the time and location when scheduling an appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so through NavigateMason (SSC) as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated) so we may offer that time to another student.
All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations due to weather or other emergencies!
Advising sheets are a helpful tool for monitoring progress throughout the academic program. Mason Core requirements, details of coursework, and coursework sequencing necessary for completion of the Tourism and Events Management program are included.
- 2019-2020 Tourism Management Advising Sheet
- 2019-2020 Events Management Advising Sheet
- 2019-2020 Hospitality Management Advising Sheet
However, advising sheets are designed as supplemental guides and do not supersede the official degree requirements detailed in the corresponding year's George Mason University Catalog. The Academic Advising Sheet for each catalog year is available in Documents and Forms. Also available: Additional Advising Sheets for all SRHT programs in CEHD Documents and Forms
Monitor your academic progress on Patriot Web. You can see your weekly schedule in calendar form; view your academic transcript; and monitor a degree evaluation that shows you what courses you still need to satisfy general education and program requirements.
For Degree Evaluations:
- If your first semester at Mason was PRIOR to Fall 2012, follow these instructions: CAPP
- If your first semester at Mason was Fall 2012 or later, follow these instructions: DegreeWorks
You can also benefit from the professional experience of faculty members. Each faculty member welcomes the opportunity to talk with students about their career interests and the application of learning gathered during coursework, internship, and out-of-class experiences. The diverse background and current applications of faculty can help you to learn about numerous real-world settings, and about potential volunteer and career opportunities in the region and throughout the nation.