Through the generosity of our industry partners, financial assistance is available to scholars who exhibit significant potential to contribute to their field of study and whose majors are within the School of Sport, Recreation and Tourism Management (SRTM).
At the SRTM Career Fair, a $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to a Recreation Managment and Sport Management student, while a $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a TEM student, $500 going into the TEM Student Travel fund to support Faculty lead TEM student travel to conferences. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize both academic achievement and contributions to Sport, Recreation, Tourism, Events, and Hospitality profession.
As a scholarship applicant, you must:
- be enrolled in either the Sport Management concentration, Parks and Outdoor Recreation concentration, Therapeutic Recreation concentration, or Tourism and Events Management degree at George Mason University;
- be a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours) during the Spring 2020 semester;
- have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0;
- have completed at least 60 hours of coursework;
- submit a current résumé;
- submit a personal statement of no more than 500 words that outlines your academic achievements, involvement in the profession, anticipated career trajectory and professional goals.
Apply Now! The application closes on February 14, 2020.