Tourism and Events Management - Undergraduate Minor
- Degree Options
- Practicum and Internship Experiences
- Careers in Tourism and Events Management
- Current Student Information
- Contact Us
Students develop understanding and skills in policy, administration, planning, programming, marketing, finance, and leadership.
This 15-credit minor is available to all Mason undergraduate students, with the exception of those enrolled in the BS in Tourism and Events Management degree program. Eight credits must be unique to the minor.
The Tourism and Event Management minor is available fully online if the following classes are completed: TOUR 190, TOUR 200, TOUR 220, TOUR 230, TOUR 340. More details are available through the Office of Distance Education.
Required Courses (9 Credits)
- TOUR 200: Introduction to Tourism Management (3 credits)
- TOUR 220: Introduction to Event Management (3 credits)
- TOUR 340: Sustainable Tourism (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
Select two courses from the following
- TOUR 190: Wedding Planning (3 credits)
- TOUR 210: Global Understanding through Travel and Tourism (3 credits)
- TOUR 221: Event Implementation and Evaluation (3 credits)
- TOUR 230: Introduction to Hospitality Management (3 credits)
- TOUR 311: Women and Tourism (3 credits)
- TOUR 313: Event Technical Production (3 credits)
- TOUR 330: Resort Management (3 credits)
- TOUR 352: Heritage and Cultural Tourism (3 credits)
Total: 15 credits
Ms. Michelle Séki
- Click to view the 2017-2018 Tourism and Events Management Minor Advising Sheet.
- Learn more about Michelle, and her work advising students, here.